Washington, DC| Jul 27 - 31, 2020
POSTPONED - Anti Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing
The objective of the school is to increase the banking supervisor’s knowledge of money laundering and how it is perpetrated. The school is designed for field examiners and supervisors with 5-10 years of experience and provides an overview of anti-money laundering examination techniques, tools, and case studies. The school is patterned after a similar school the OCC gives to our own examiners, with modifications to make the school relevant to non-US banking supervisors.
- Recognize the potential money-laundering risks confronting financial institutions
- Assess the adequacy of financial institution policies, procedures and practices in complying with Anti-Money Laundering programs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of international initiatives and significant trends related to anti-money laundering
- Introduction and Overview
- The U.S. Experience and Regulatory Requirements
- Customer Due Diligence/Know Your Customer
- High Risk Areas: - Non-Bank Financial Institutions - Electronic Payments - Foreign Correspondent Banking - Private Banking Relations
- Terrorism Financing
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Utility of Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Financial Intelligence Units
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
400 7th Street SW Washington, D.C. 20219
The cost for attending this session is $200 per participant. Instructions for payment will be provided with the invitation letter after enrollment.
Participants are responsible for making their own travel and hotel arrangements.
Proper dress for the school is business casual–dress slacks/pants (jacket and tie is not required) and an appropriate shirt or top. Very casual attire, such as jeans, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, or sneakers, should not be worn.
How to Enroll
If your banking supervisory organization would like to send a representative, please respond by sending an e-mail to FTA@occ.treas.gov and provide the following information:
- Name of School
- Banking Agency Name
- Participant’s Name **(Must Match Name on Passport)**
- Participant’s Title/Position
- Participant’s Telephone Number
- Participant’s E-Mail Address (Required)
JUL 27 – 31, 2020
400 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20219