Washington, DC| Jul 20 - 24, 2020
POSTPONED - Problem Bank Supervision
Examiners who have experience as an Examiner-in-Charge of banks, or examiners with problem bank examination experience, or examiners with onsite and offsite examination experience who will likely deal with problem banks. Bank attorneys may also wish to attend to understand the enforcement actions and bank resolution options used by OCC. This course places primary emphasis on on-site examination work. Class participants will work in teams on a case study.
Upon completion, a participant should be able to:
- Recognize emerging problems in banks
- Identify appropriate supervisory strategies and enforcement remedies available for supervising banks
- Determine resolution alternatives
- Identification of Root Causes & Appropriate Solutions
- Supervisory Approach
- Enforcement Actions Against Individuals
- Bank Enforcement Actions
- Determine Compliance with Enforcement Actions
- Communication with Banks
- Prompt Corrective Action
- Bank Resolution Options
- Bank Closings
Pre-Course Reading Materials
PPM 5310-3 (REV) Enforcement Action Policy; CAMELS Rating System
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Constitution Center 400 7th Street SW
Washington, D.C. 20219
The cost for attending this session is $200 per participant. Instructions for payment will be provided with the invitation letter after enrollment.
Participants are responsible for making their own travel and hotel arrangements.
Proper dress for the school is business casual–dress slacks/pants (jacket and tie is not required) and an appropriate shirt or top. Very casual attire, such as jeans, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, or sneakers, should not be worn.
How to Enroll
If your banking supervisory organization would like to send a representative, please respond by sending an e-mail to FTA@occ.treas.gov and provide the following information:
- Name of School
- Banking Agency Name
- Participant’s Name **(Must Match Name on Passport)**
- Participant’s Title/Position
- Participant’s Telephone Number
- Participant’s E-Mail Address (Required)
JUL 20 – 24, 2020
400 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20219