OCC Bulletin 2015-45| November 13, 2015
EGRPRA: Notice of EGRPRA Outreach Meeting in Washington, D.C., Area
Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks and Federal Savings Associations, Federal Branches and Agencies, and Other Interested Parties
On Wednesday, December 2, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time, in Arlington, Va., (a suburb of Washington, D.C.) the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (FRB), and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) (collectively, the agencies) will hold the sixth and final in a series of outreach meetings as part of the interagency effort to reduce regulatory burden as required by the Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996 (EGRPRA). This outreach meeting provides interested parties with an opportunity to comment on regulatory burden reduction directly to the agencies' staff members and senior management.
Note for Community Banks
Community bankers are encouraged to attend an EGRPRA outreach meeting to share their views on how to reduce unnecessary burdens in OCC, FRB, and FDIC regulations. For those unable to attend the Washington, D.C., area meeting in person, a live webcast will be available at the EGRPRA Website. Persons watching online will be able to submit written comments using the text chat feature. Also, a toll-free telephone line at (800) 857-9751 (access code 6040376#) will be available for members of the public to listen to live audio from the meeting.
- An EGRPRA outreach meeting will be held Wednesday, December 2, 2015, starting at 9:00 a.m., at the FDIC's L. William Seidman Training Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22226. The meeting also will be webcast live on the EGRPRA Website.
- To enhance participation in the Washington, D.C., area meeting, by bankers, consumer and community groups, and other interested parties, anyone across the country will have the opportunity to view and participate in the meeting online. Members of the public watching online may submit written comments using the text chat feature. A toll-free telephone line will be available at (800) 857-9751 (access code 6040376#); members of the public may listen to the meeting's live audio at this number and choose to submit written comments later.
- Comptroller of the Currency Thomas J. Curry, FDIC Chairman Martin J. Gruenberg, and FRB Governor Daniel K. Tarullo are scheduled to attend.
- Individuals wishing to attend this outreach meeting in person should register through the EGRPRA Website. Onsite participation is limited, and online registrations are accepted through November 30, 2015, or until all seats are filled. If seats are available, individuals may register in person at the L. William Seidman Training Center on the day of the meeting.
- Further details about this outreach meeting, including the agenda, are available on the EGRPRA Website.
Section 2222 of the EGRPRA requires the agencies, along with the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, to review their regulations at least every 10 years to identify outdated or otherwise unnecessary regulatory requirements imposed on insured depository institutions. As required by the EGRPRA, the agencies have divided their regulations into 12 categories. The agencies published in the Federal Register the first set of categories of regulations for comment on June 4, 2014, the second set of categories of regulations for comment on February 13, 2015, and the third set of categories of regulations for comment on June 5, 2015. The agencies will publish jointly one additional notice soliciting public comments on the remaining categories of regulations by the end of this year.
As part of this EGRPRA review, the agencies planned a series of outreach meetings to provide interested parties with an opportunity to comment on any of the 12 categories of regulations. In addition to the upcoming Washington, D.C., outreach meeting, meetings were held in Los Angeles, Calif.; Dallas, Texas; Boston, Mass.; Kansas City, Mo.; and Chicago, Ill.
The Washington, D.C., area outreach meeting will consist of panel presentations by industry participants and consumer and community groups. Audience members also have an opportunity to offer comments after each panel on the topics discussed by that panel. In addition, at the end of each meeting, audience members may present views on any of the regulations under review. The agencies reserve the right to limit the time of individual commenters, if needed, to accommodate all the people wishing to speak. The agencies request that comments be general in nature (not specific to any insured depository institution). Comments made by audience members will be included in the public comment file.
Audience members who do not wish to comment orally may submit written comments at the meetings. In addition, any interested individual may submit comments through the EGRPRA Website during open comment periods.
Please contact Heidi M. Thomas, Special Counsel, or Rima Kundnani, Attorney, Legislative and Regulatory Activities Division, at (202) 649-5490.
Amy S. Friend
Senior Deputy Comptroller and Chief Counsel