OCC Bulletin 2012-23| August 24, 2012
OCC Issuances: Rescission of Documents
Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks, Federal Branches and Agencies, and Federal Savings Associations; Department and Division Heads; All Examining Personnel; and Other Interested Parties
As part of its ongoing effort to develop an integrated supervisory policy platform for national banks and federal savings associations (FSAs),1 the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is rescinding additional documents.
The rescinded documents and the documents that supersede them, if any, are listed in the attachment.2 The reason each document is rescinded is noted as one of the following:
- Outdated – The document is no longer needed. Any attachments to the document are rescinded only as they relate to national banks and FSAs.
- Replaced – The document and any attachments are superseded by subsequent guidance.
- Incorporated – The document conveyed interagency guidance that was incorporated into a Comptroller’s Handbook booklet.
- Transmittal – The document is a cover letter that merely conveyed another document. The rescission does not change the applicability of the conveyed document. To determine the applicability of the conveyed document, please refer to the original issuer of the document.
Information on the status of an OCC policy guidance document, including the reason for rescission, is available at www.occ.gov.
John C. Lyons Jr.
Senior Deputy Comptroller and Chief National Bank Examiner
- Rescinded OCC Documents (PDF)
1 See OCC Bulletin 2011-47.
2 The documents listed in the attachment were issued by the OCC prior to the integration of the Office of Thrift Supervision. Please note that the OCC had previously applied five of these documents (OCC Bulletins 2000-33, 2004-3, 2004-13, 2005-36, and 2009-6) to FSAs (see OCC Bulletin 2012-2). Refer to the OTS Integration page on www.occ.gov for lists of OCC documents that apply to FSAs.