Examiner guidance for asset management, safety and soundness, consumer compliance, and securities compliance.
Comptroller's Licensing Manual
OCC's policies and procedures on key licensing topics. Get sample filing forms and sample agency response documents (where applicable).
Annual Reports for fiscal years 2003 to the present with insights into the nation's economic condition, legislative changes affecting the financial services industry, and continued efforts to protect the safety and soundness of the national banking system.
The OCC Strategic Plan provides an overview of the OCC mission, vision, and core values. The plan is updated every three and outlines the agency's priorities for a five-year period.
Economics Working Papers
Economics Working Papers are written by OCC economists and examine economic issues pertinent to national banks. The papers represent the opinions of the individual economists rather than the OCC.
Community Affairs Publications
Financial Literacy Update, Fact Sheets, Insights Reports, Community Developments newsletter, and other community-affairs related publications.
Survey of Credit Underwriting Practices Report
Trends in credit risk within the national banking system and changes in lending standards and credit practices for the most common types of commercial and retail credit offered by national banks.
- About the OCC
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency: A Short History (PDF)
- An Analysis of the Impact of the Commercial Real Estate Concentration Guidance (PDF)
- Common Sense Approach to Community Banking (PDF)
- Cost of Funds Reports
- Exploring Special Purpose National Bank Charters for Fintech Companies (PDF)
- Guidance for Bankers and Directors
- Interim Status Report: Foreclosure-Related Consent Orders (PDF)
- IRR Measures Report (PDF)
- Joint Implementation Plan, Dodd-Frank Sections 301-326 (revised April 2011) (PDF)
- Legal and Accounting Publications
- Mortgage Metrics Reports
- New Capital Rule Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- The OCC's Approach to Federal Branch and Agency Supervision (PDF)
- Quarterly Report on Bank Derivatives Activities
- Report From the Office of Enterprise Governance and the Ombudsman, 2009-2013 Highlights (PDF) (August 2014)
- Semiannual Risk Perspective
- Shared National Credits Reports
- Supervisory Issues
- Supporting Responsible Innovation in the Federal Banking System: An OCC Perspective (PDF) (March 2016)
- Thrift Financial Reports
- Thrift Financial and Holding Company Bulk Data
FFIEC IT Handbook InfoBase
This interagency handbook is a guide for conducting information technology examinations at financial institutions and technology service providers. The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) publishes it for the OCC and other financial regulatory agencies. It includes standards and guidelines for sound information technology internal control practices.
FFIEC BSA/AML Examination Manual
The FFIEC Bank Secrecy Act /Anti-Money Laundering Examination Manual provides guidance to examiners for carrying out BSA/AML and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) examinations.