OCC Bulletin 2017-11| February 16, 2017
Changes in Directors and Senior Executive Officers: Revised Comptroller’s Licensing Manual Booklet
Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks, Federal Savings Associations, and Federal Branches; Department and Division Heads; All Examining Personnel; and Other Interested Parties
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the “Changes in Directors and Senior Executive Officers” booklet of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual. This revised booklet replaces the booklet of the same title issued in October 2009. The revised booklet updates procedures and requirements following the integration of the Office of Thrift Supervision into the OCC in 2011, and it incorporates revised regulations (12 CFR 5) that became effective July 1, 2015, addressing changes in directors and senior executive officers of national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches.
This revised booklet
- incorporates revised regulatory requirements for changes in directors and senior executive officers and distinguishes between requirements for national banks and federal savings associations.
- explains when prior notice for changes in directors and senior executive officers is required.
- provides institutions with information regarding the contents of technically complete notices.
- outlines the 90-day review period and standards of review.
- contains references and links to forms and documents that institutions may find useful during the filing process.
All OCC-supervised institutions should contact their OCC supervisory office or Large Bank Supervision examiners-in-charge with any questions.
Grace E. Dailey
Senior Deputy Comptroller and Chief National Bank Examiner