OCC Bulletin 2017-33| September 1, 2017
Change in Bank Control: Revised Comptroller’s Licensing Manual Booklet
Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks, Federal Savings Associations, and Federal Branches and Agencies; Department and Division Heads; All Examining Personnel; and Other Interested Parties
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the “Change in Bank Control” booklet of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual. This revised booklet replaces the booklet of the same title issued in January 2007. The revised booklet incorporates updated procedures and requirements following the integration of the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) into the OCC in 2011 and the issuance of revised regulations (12 CFR 5) that became effective July 1, 2015, addressing acquisitions of control of both national banks and federal savings associations.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all national banks and federal savings associations.
- provides an overview of policy considerations and evaluative factors that the OCC considers when reviewing notices by persons to acquire control of national banks and federal savings associations.
- provides guidance on informational requirements of the notice.
- outlines requirements and procedures that potential acquiring persons should follow when completing a notice to acquire control of a national bank or federal savings association.
- lists references and links to informational resources and sample forms and documents that potential acquiring persons may find useful during the notice process.
- incorporates revised regulatory requirements for change in bank control filings following the integration of the OTS into the OCC.
Please contact Karen Marcotte, Manager for Licensing Activities, at (202) 649-6260.
Stephen A. Lybarger
Deputy Comptroller for Licensing
- “Change in Bank Control” (PDF)