OCC Bulletin 2020-102| November 23, 2020
Mutual to Stock Conversions: New Comptroller’s Licensing Manual Booklet
Chief Executive Officers of All Federal Savings Associations; Department and Division Heads; All Examining Personnel; and Other Interested Parties
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the “Mutual to Stock Conversions” booklet of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual. The new booklet incorporates provisions of the revised regulation (12 CFR 192) effective August 13, 2020.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all federal savings associations.
The “Mutual to Stock Conversions” booklet
- provides an overview of policy considerations and decision criteria that the OCC considers when reviewing applications by federal savings associations to convert from a mutual to stock form of ownership under 12 CFR 192.
- describes various types of mutual to stock conversions including standard conversions, merger conversions, conversion mergers, and voluntary supervisory conversions.
- describes the applications process, including the prefiling process, filing and review of the application, the decision, and the post-consummation phase of the mutual to stock conversion.
- outlines requirements and procedures federal savings associations should follow when filing an application to convert from mutual to stock form of ownership.
- lists references and links to informational resources and sample forms and documents that prospective filers may find helpful during the filing and conversion process.
Please contact Karen Marcotte, Director for Licensing Activities, at (202) 649-6262.
Stephen A. Lybarger
Deputy Comptroller for Licensing