OCC Bulletin 2020-14| March 12, 2020
Deposit-Related Credit: Revised Comptroller’s Handbook Booklet
Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks, Federal Savings Associations, and Federal Branches and Agencies; Department and Division Heads; All Examining Personnel; and Other Interested Parties
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today a fully revised “Deposit-Related Credit” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook, which is prepared for use by OCC examiners in connection with the examination and supervision of national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches and agencies of foreign banking organizations (collectively, banks).
Refer to the “Foreword” booklet of the Comptroller's Handbook for more information regarding the OCC’s process for revising and updating booklets.
The revised booklet replaces the booklet of the same title and rescinds OCC Bulletin 2018-28, “Deposit-Related Credit: Updated Comptroller’s Handbook Booklet,” which transmitted version 2.1 of the booklet in September 2018.
Note for Community Banks
The “Deposit-Related Credit” booklet applies to examinations of community banks engaged in deposit-related credit.
The revised booklet
- reflects relevant OCC issuances published since this booklet was last issued.
- reflects changes to laws and regulations that occurred since this booklet was last issued.
- clarifies applicability of references to covered savings associations.
- includes clarifying edits regarding supervisory guidance, sound risk management practices, or legal language.
- revises certain content for general clarity.
Please contact Steven Jones, Director for Retail Credit Risk, Bank Supervision Policy, at (202) 649-6220.
Grovetta N. Gardineer
Senior Deputy Comptroller for Bank Supervision Policy