News Release 2018-104 | September 25, 2018
OCC Releases Bank Supervision Operating Plan for Fiscal Year 2019
WASHINGTON — The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) today released its bank supervision operating plan for fiscal year (FY) 2019.
The plan provides the foundation for policy initiatives and for supervisory strategies as applied to individual national banks, federal savings associations, federal branches, federal agencies, and technology service providers. OCC staff members use this plan to guide their supervisory priorities, planning, and resource allocations.
Supervisory strategies for FY 2019 focus on
- cybersecurity and operational resiliency.
- commercial and retail credit loan underwriting, concentration risk management, and the allowance for loan and lease losses.
- Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (BSA/AML) compliance management.
- compliance-related change management to address regulatory requirements.
- internal controls and end-to-end processes necessary for product and service delivery.
The OCC will provide periodic updates about supervisory priorities through the Semiannual Risk Perspective in the fall and spring.